26 August 2011

The Brush Guard Review....

I decided to order these after washing my MAC 217, mainly because all the hairs seemed to splay and not sit right, this however did not effect how the brush worked as was as good as new just didn't look as appealing to the eye! So I ordered from the official site HERE and they shipped from the US and in GBP it cost me £5.36 inc shipping, which took about a week. Pretty good if you ask me. The company advised that they had been shipped and kept me up to date, we all like good customer service! 



I ordered the Variety Pack, which included 1 Shadow/Liner (ex. small), 2 Blush (small), 2 Foundation (medium), 1 Powder/Kabuki (large). So I have these around my MAC 217 (yay!), Sigma F25, Lauren Luke Pencil Brush, Eco Tools Powder Brush and the final one around a cheap Accessorize Blush/Contour Brush.



I washed all these last night, put the guards over (by pulling up from the handle and over the brush hairs) and left them to dry. I checked them all this morning and they look great and all have their shape back much better than if let dry without.


Would give these a BIG thumbs up and would highly recommend them. We can spend a fortune on our brushes it's only fair we look after them and this will only increase the longevity of the brushes - In my opinion!!  

**UPDATE** 


After Evelyn aka Welldressed25 asked if using these guards made drying time quicker, I thought I would try this out. So around 1.30pm this afternoon I washed my Sigma F25 in the usual way to keep test fair (using baby shampoo) I then placed the guard over brush and left the house. I got home around 5pm and no lie the brush was 95% dry. I usually wash my brushes at night and then let them dry overnight but I do believe this does help. This is not a small eye brush, this is the tapered face so has various different length hairs and shape. I couldn't tell you how this works but hey if it does then all good!! 

Claire
x

6 comments:

  1. They look great!! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm not sure what to think of these. I normally just shape my brushes with my fingers when they are wet to the form i want them but i have heard that they dry faster with the gard on what do you think claire?

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to shape my brushes and the larger brushes were fine naturally, but I only really wanted for the MAC 217!

    I think it poss did dry them quicker and in the interest of this I am about to wash a brush, Ill do my Sigma F25 - the usual way, Johnsons Baby Shampoo and then leave and time! As I normally do them overnight so fresh for the morning!

    I shall update :)

    Thanks Evelyn :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the eco tools good brushes been looking into them???? (p.s. I follow your blog and you follow mine haha xx)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the eco tools powder brush, its big and so soft. It holds a lot of product so remember to tap off excess :)

    This is the only brush I have of theirs but compared to the Body Shop synthetic brushes both for price and how soft and versatile they are these win.

    Altho, I really want to get Samantha Chapmans Real Techniques face brushes as they look great and have some brilliant reviews also and seem quite reasonable in price :)

    x

    ReplyDelete